I thought Nicole Kidman looked pretty at the Academy Awards last night. My first impression was that I loved her ponytail and that everything looked great, but upon further inspection I thought the actual ponytail could have been more polished and her bangs looked a little greasy. If you check out this how to, you’ll find out why… Celeb hairstylist David Babaii created Nicole’s Bridget Bardot-esque ponytail.
How To Recreate Nicole’s Oscar Look:
- David begins every red carpet look with clean hair followed by applying Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment.
- He then sectioned off Nicole’s bang area and cut a fringe to frame her face.
- Next, David blow dried Nicole’s hair with the Itly Hairfashion Ionic Dryer and a large round brush. At the bang area, he gently bumped the ends under.
- After the hair was dried, David applied an additional amount of Pequi Oil to create a smooth and shiny surface.
- To begin the updo, he used his hands to sweep the hair into a ponytail creating a slight bump at the crown and securing with a band.
- To finish the fringe, David added additional Pequi Oil to his fingers to define.
That’s kind of a lot of oil! I would never use oil on my bangs, especially for an event where you’re going to be photographed and have a lot of makeup on, etc. However, I love that necklace so much. It’s amazing. (The shoes were a cool choice with that dress too.) Overall, I think Nicole looked pretty & happy.
What do you think of Nicole’s Oscar hair, dress, and accessories?