I know I’m very, very late to this party, but I’ve recently become totally obsessed with Mad Men. I zoomed through the first season and now I’m making my way through the second. You know what? All the hype was spot on! The show is incredible. Christina Hendricks, who plays Joan Harris on Mad Men, wore a vibrant Romona Keveza gown to last night’s Golden Globes. I didn’t love the dress–I wasn’t a fan of the color or the style on Christina and I felt like the detailing on the shoulder swallowed her up. Christina paired the dress with loose curls, courtesy of stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional. “Her dress had a rich vintage feel to it and this gorgeous accent on the shoulder that resembled a flower,” says Jen. “Instead of putting her hair up, we opted to give it a modern twist and keep the hair bouncy and down. This style is great for cocktail parties, or to dress up a look.” To achieve Christina’s Golden Globes hair, follow Jen’s tips…
How To: Christina‘s Globes Hair:
- Begin by applying Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte at the roots on damp hair.
- Next, blow dry the hair using a Mason Pearson brush (or similar boar bristle) with your head upside down. Once hair is 75% dry, flip your head back over and curl the ends under using a round brush.
- Spray Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray all over the hair, and brush it through to create a base to hold the waves.
- Using a 1″ curling iron, wrap 1″ sections in a clockwise direction and pin the curls. Once the curls are set, let it cool for 15 minutes (cool for 5-10 minutes if you have thick hair).
- Unpin the hair and brush out the curls using a boar bristle brush. Set the part and stretch out the bangs using a flat iron to get a smoother look toward the front of your face.
- Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce hairspray. And for more information on Sebastian Professional products, visit: sebastianprofessional.com.
Christina is so gorgeous and pretty much steals every scene she’s in in Mad Men. It bugs me that she would ever be on the red carpet in a dress that isn’t totally amazing! I’m also not loving her hair here. I posted the how to because I thought some of you might be curious, but I thought her hair looked too casual and a little dry/frizzy. That said, her makeup was beautiful and, well, you really cannot make Christina’s face look bad!
What did you think of Christina’s Golden Globes dress and hair?