***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
There are billboards all over LA for the new musical Burlesque staring Cher and Christina Aguilera! The highly-anticipated movie is due to hit theaters November 24th. It’s about Ali (Christina Aguilera) a small-town girl with a big voice who escapes hardship and an uncertain future to follow her dreams to LA and winds up working at The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater that’s home to an inspired musical revue. Burlesque’s outrageous costumes and bold choreography enrapture Ali, who vows to perform there one day.
Let’s talk hair! To transform everyday ‘dos into show-stopping, head-turning styles, Burlesque lead stylist Martin Samuel suggests the following steps…
Casual to Sexy “Ali” (Christina) Hair
- Start with dry hair and use a small barrel curling iron to spiral set the hair.
- Repeat on each section while alternating the direction of the barrel until entire head is curled.
- Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers to brush through each section and reveal a light ethereal texture for the volume of the look desired.
- Finish with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper for humidity-resistant, workable hold.
After the break, find out how to recreate the onset Burlesque hairstyles of Cher, Kristen Bell, and Julianne Hough!
Soft & Subtle Waves “Tess” (Cher) Hair
- Prep wet hair with body-building mousse, applying from root to tip.
- Blow-dry hair with a round brush to build in a soft wave.
- Starting at the brow bone, curl hair section by section with a large barrel curling iron to enhance the volume.
- Spray finished look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity for ultra-light, flexible hold.
Sultry Swept-Up Style “Nikki” (Kristen Bell) Hair
- Prep wet hair with a light texturizing gel for bendable body and toned texture.
- Keeping a side part, blow-dry hair using a diffuser and soft brush to encourage the hair’s natural wave.
- From ear to ear, section off the top half of the hair pulling back at the crown and securing with bobby pins.
- Using a large barreled curling iron, curl face-framing sections of hair and spritz with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity for dry, matte texture and hold.
Polished Strands “Georgia” (Julianne Hough) Hair
- Apply a small drop of anti-frizz, shine gloss to wet hair.
- Blow-dry hair with a flat brush, then curl hair away from the face using a 1” curling iron, clipping sections and allowing to cool.
- Take down clips and use a soft brush to loosen the curls.
- Run fingers through hair for natural tousle and finish the look with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper for moveable, long-lasting hold.