At the New York premier of Rachel McAdams‘ new rom-com Morning Glory, she looked very Rocker Barbie with ultra tousled hair and dramatic blue eye makeup. Check it out…
Pretty intense, right? Rachel’s hair was styled by Sebastian Professional Stylist Thomas Dunkin. After collaborating with Rachel’s makeup artist and stylist (she wore a slate gray Lanvin strapless dress), Thomas created Rachel’s sexy, voluminous rock star glam look. To achieve the style at home, here is Thomas’ step-by-step how-to…
Rachel’s ‘Morning Glory’ Hair
- Saturate freshly washed hair with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray for heat protection and touchably soft volume.
- Rough dry with hands and blow-dryer lifting random sections while twisting hair in different directions until very nearly dry.
- Place hair in very large Velcro rollers in a brickwork pattern for maximum root lift. Complete drying with a diffuser then allow the rollers to cool and set.
- Remove rollers and apply a sparse amount of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty through the ends of the hair.
- Apply another blast of heat with the hair dryer to work up the hair’s texture by massaging the roots with finger tips.
- Part the hair low so that a big section of fringe sits asymmetric and falls sensually over one eye.
- To exaggerate the style and build up the shape, set the style with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper by spraying into the stream of hot air from the hair dryer.
- Apply Sebastian Professional Matte Putty again loosening the look with your hands and defining the sections that give a disheveled but modern edge to the final look.
Do you guys love this look on Rachel McAdams or hate it?
For more information on Sebastian Professional, visit sebastianprofessional.com.