Juliette Lewis was looking hot at the New York premiere of her new movie Conviction last night. Sometimes Juliette’s hair can look a little… not so hot, so it’s nice to see her hair looking awesome.
The man to thank for Juliette’s good hair night? Sebastian Stylist Design Team member, Thomas Dunkin. Thomas gave Juliette’s hair a vampy, texturized look that complemented her red lace strapless dress. He was inspired by the punk rock chic and effortless look of Patti Smith, and he drew on that inspiration to create Juliette’s hairstyle for the evening.
Thomas’ Tips For How to Recreate Juliette’s Look:
1. Begin by saturating the hair from root to tip with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray.
2. Separate hair into medium-sized sections.
3. Twist each section and alternate between a clockwise and counterclockwise direction for a wavy texture that is full of volume.
4. Blow dry bangs with a large round brush to give the look a rock, chic effect.
5. Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper hairspray to give the hold it needs.
Note: In my opinion, twisting your hair and letting it air dry alone just isn’t going to give this wavy effect for most people. At least not with my hair type! So if you’re like me, you are going to need to break out your curling iron or styling iron and create a few waves to duplicate this look. Here’s how: Once your hair is totally dry, create waves with a 1 1/4″ barrel curling iron. Rotate the direction of the iron, and leave the ends out so you mimic Juliette’s undone look. After your hair cools, break up the waves with your fingers, and lightly spray with hairspray.
What do you think of Juliette Lewis’ hair? And do you have any of your own tips for creating rocker waves? Please share!