Cassie attended the Nicole Miller Spring 2011 fashion show during Fashion Week and debuted a whole new hair color and style from celebrity hairstylist Angela Stone. And HOTB got the exclusive dish behind the transformation and even a how to on Cassie’s hairstyle! “I’ve always loved to try different looks with my hair,” says Cassie, “I guess that comes with being a model/artist. I’m true to my long tresses, but sometimes I want to change things up a bit!”
Cassie’s stylist Angela Stone explains, “Over the course of her career, Cassie has changed her color several times. Her trying something new on her edgy cut was inevitable. Hair is a wonderful woman’s accessory and I think as long as the hair is healthy, we should all empower ourselves to play. The goal was choosing color and highlights that complemented Cassie’s skin tone while imparting a clean finished look that was perfect for a fashion week debut.” To get Cassie’s color, Angela used Affinage Infiniti Permanent Haircolor Crème. She mixed equal parts Café Latte (9.035) and Very Light Intensive Golden Brown (9.33) and applied the combination to pre-lightened hair.
How To Get Cassie’s Look:
- Shampoo and condition with Ojon Shine & Protect Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Apply a light mist of Bumble and bumble Prep, a leave-in conditioner that works to moisturize the hair.
- Follow up with Bumble and bumble Thickening Spray to give nice volume and a soft hold. “It also helps set the curl as you blow dry using the round brush technique,” Angela explains.
- Use the Brazilian Heat Ionic Dryer with the Brazilian Heat 43 mm Thermal Ceramic & Ionic Brush for faster styling.
- Finish off with Paul Mitchell Super Clean Spray for a flexible hold.