If my sister is reading this: Hi! Whenever I drive by High Voltage Tattoo, I think of you and how you mentioned if you ever got a tattoo, you would want it to be by Kat Von D… Miss Von D is a total brand these days with her very own makeup line in addition to her own reality TV show. She does a very good smoky eye, so it makes sense that she would come out with a new primer just for smoky eye looks: Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky. The smoky eye is so cool when done right, but can be difficult, and it looks like a totally mess when it’s done wrong.
Using a primer on your lids is a good place to start. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky is a uniquely formulated, creamy eye primer with that helps shadows adhere like a magnet, with a deeper gunmetal color to blend better with the darker shadows and help intensify the pigments. “An eye primer is essential in creating the smoky eye because of all the layering and blending you need to do with dark, rich pigment shadows,” says José Rivera, principal artist for Sephora’s PRO Beauty Team. “This primer not only helps shadows stay put, but the darker color blends seamlessly and enhances the smoky effect.”
José’s Smoky Eye Tips:
- Blend High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky on the lid and under the eye.
- Dust the brush with shadow, invert it at an angle and press it into the lashline.
- Press and feather out color as you move the brush upwards and outwards using smooth strokes.
- Smudge the shadow under the eye along the lashline.
- Finish the eye look with a strong lash by curling and applying several coats of rich black mascara.
José created this smoky eye tutorial video featuring the new Eye Primer in Smoky, the Kat Von D Adora Love & Fury Eyeshadow Palette, and the Adora Painted Love Lipstick. All of these new products are now available exclusively at Sephora stores nationwide and on Sephora.com!