Countdown to The Chop‘s Jan took my hairstyle challenge today and rocked this side braid–even doing it fishtail style! I’m impressed! Here’s how she achieved the look:
- Near the end of blow drying, work Kerastase Resistance Volumactive Mousse throughout hair for a toothy grip and some extra oomph.
- Bringing hair to one side and divide it into two sections.
- Taking a small piece of hair from the back of one section, wrap it around and marry to the inside of the other section.
- Continue back and forth with tiny pieces, pulling it tight every now and again.
- At the end, tie with a tiny elastic and flip the end into a bit of a knot to hide the elastic.
- Go back through the braid and pull on different sections with fingers until it’s slightly messy.
- Pin the front section aside and spray with hairspray to finish.
And now it’s your turn to suggest a long hairstyle for Jan to wear! Jan will pick her favorite suggestion from either here or Hair Junky and the winner will receive a Sedu Revolution mini flat iron! Leave your suggestions in the comments. The contest runs until the end of the day tomorrow (March 12, 2010). And is sponsored by folica.com. Good luck!