Lace and fabric nails have been everywhere lately–on the Spring runways at Reem Acra and the Fall runway at Tracy Reese.
Blake Lively wore a red lace at a Fashion’s Night Out event–love that color.
And Jennifer Lopez wore Parisian lace at the VMAs. Celebrity manicurist Elle from Barielle is to thank for popularizing this nail look. She’s responsible for both Jennifer Lopez and Blake Lively’s nails, as well as the nails at Reem Acra.
How To: Lace Nails
- Measure and trim the lace to fit each fingernail. The lace must be trimmed to fit each nail perfectly.
- Apply a layer of top coat.
- Place the layer of lace onto the top coat while it is still wet.
- Press the lace into place with an orangewood stick or toothpick.
- Let the top coat and lace dry.
- Finish with two coats of top coat.