This year at New York Fashion Week, Wella Professionals and lead colorist Eva Scrivo crafted the runway looks to complement the Cynthia Rowley and DKNY Fall 2010 collections. Check out this sneak peek at the products and techniques used to turn these hair fantasies into reality.
CYNTHIA ROWLEY: Natural ponytails were accented with the striking contrast of artificial colored hair extension placed off center for an added tuft of textured fringe.
The Hair Color: Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect Special Mix shades were used to completely saturate the natural hair extensions with rich, vibrant, jewel-toned shades of the collection. The sophisticated nuances of the Special Mix collection allow for creativity without limits – turning any color fantasy into a reality on the runway or in real life. The multi-dimensional tones and layers reveal sensuous colors in a range of shades, while embedded with an element of surprise.
The Products: System Professional Ultimation: Strong-hold hairspray with long-lasting hold and maximum shine.
Cynthia Rowley How-To and Backstage with DKNY after the break!
- Section hair off and working from back of the head to the front, prepare hair with System Professional Ultimation hair spray for added texture and shine.
- Create texture within each section by using a combination of a curling iron and crimping iron for non-uniform waviness.
- Place Wella colored hair pieces that have been crimped within sections of the natural hair so that the extensions blend in seamlessly.
- Pull the hair back into a soft ponytail at the nape of the neck with the ends flowing naturally, while allowing the streaks of color to show through for added dimension.
The Finished Product: Cynthia Rowley model on the runway sporting some icey blue extensions. I love this! Wouldn’t this be so fun to wear in real life? The combination of color/texture. I truly die. 😉
DKNY: Refined side-swept ponytails project a sexy equestrian vibe with a subtly strong look.
The Hair Color: Using Wella Professionals’ new Blondor collection to achieve the palest of blondes, and both the Koleston Perfect permanent and Color Touch demi-permanent collections to create a gorgeous palette of naturals.
Handpainted extensions were created within the natural color palette of the models’ hair. The range reflects beautiful dimension in a variety of hues – from medium brown to a beautiful spectrum of blonde shades.
The Products: System Professional Volumagic: Natural hold styling foam for long-lasting volume, and System Professional Hypercurl: Provides texture and definition to curl patterns.
- Prepare damp hair with System Professional Volumagic and blow dry with a large round brush, creating a soft wave and giving direction for the side part.
- Rake hands through hair to loosen the waves, pulling to the side of the part and fasten the low side ponytail.
- Leave hair on the opposite side of the ponytail loose around the face to balance the asymmetry of the look.
- Lightly smooth System Professional Hypercurl on the length of the ponytail for separation and added texture.
The Finished Product: So gorgeous. The extensions blend seamlessly with the models’ own hair. Amazingly shiny but not too perfect through the ponytail, which gives it a cool, intentional edge. Love this too!