Wolfman had its premiere in Los Angeles Tuesday night (Feb. 9) and the film’s star Emily Blunt brought along her fiance, The Office‘s John Kraskinski. They’re so cute together. Emily wore a gorgeous black gown with a plunging back and a 1920’s inspired hairstyle created by Laini Reeves. Laini is the owner and creative director of Essensuals London. She took inspiration from Emily’s vintage style to create a new take on the 20’s up-do.
To set the mood, Laini made a custom flapper style accessory–a peacock feather fashioned to an elastic headband. Laini took the hair and twisted it up, over and into the band, keeping in tight to the head. The messy texture of the hair helped to modernize the look. To create Emily’s look at home, follow these DIY tips from Laini Reeves:
- Start with hair that is smooth and glossy. Laini has been using Shu Uemura Essence Absolue while on the press tour with Emily, it’s a light blow dry lotion that helps to smooth hair and give great gloss. Apply this prior to blow drying.
- Gently scrunch dry hair to encourage a natural wave and boost texture.
- Secure the headband and twist hair up and over around band, to back of head with messy bun at nape of neck.
- Loosen a few strands to create a more modern, soft, toussled look.
- Finish with a light holding spray.