I died over Nicole Kidman‘s hair at the SAG Awards. Celebrity hairdresser David Babaii achieved Nicole’s red carpet look. He says, “Nicole Kidman always inspires me, but for the 2010 SAG Awards, her beautiful skin tone and breathtaking beauty took the lead. The right style and hair color became my main objective.” In order to achieve the perfect color red for Nicole’s hair, David sought out celebrity hair colorist Lorri Goddard-Clark. She used a combination of deposit-only color, her signature foil-out reverse highlighting technique, and a sulfate-free glaze. Nicole’s hair was transformed from a medium blonde into a rich, warm Gingered Toffee Red to enhance her beautiful blue eyes and porcelain skin.
How to achieve Nic’s SAG Awards Hair, after the break.
Hair How To:
- David gently towel dried Nicole’s hair and sprayed Bohemian Beach Spray throughout.
- Next, he gently rough dried Nicole’s hair with a hair dryer, moving his hands in various directions to create texture.
- Once dry, he fashioned a center part and divided Nicole’s hair into four sections (sides, back crown and nape).
- Starting at the nape area, he alternated between 1″ and 1 ½” ceramic curling irons, taking “V” shaped partings.
- He then wrapped hair around the inside of the barrel, holding for 10 seconds then gently releasing the curl.
- With each alternating curl, David slid his fingers up the curl to gently create a soft back combing effect and enhanced texture.
- After finishing the entire head, David used his fingers to add extra Bohemian Beach Spray to loosen the curls and highlight the richness of the hair color.