Have you guys been watching the CW’s The Vampire Diaries? I haven’t caught an episode yet, but apparently it was the biggest launch of any show in CW’s history. Everyone loves a vampire!
The series hairstylist Randa Squillacote was kind enough to pass along some backstage info on how to copy the hairstyles on the show’s leading ladies.
Actress Nina Dobrev plays Elena on The Vampire Diaries. Nina’s natural hair type is wavy and semi-thick. To achieve this look:
- Shampoo and condition hair with a volumizing products like White Sands Vegan Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner.
- Blow dry hair with a large round brush, spraying sections with a shine and protect products, like White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold for its thermal protection and color enhancers. This technique will give volume and shine to the hair.
- Fat iron hair in sections starting at the crown and lift straight up. Turn iron slightly at the middle of each hair strand to the ends for a slight bend and beautiful wave. Iron all hair sections in the same direction and let hair cool.
- Brush and finger comb in place and spray with a finishing spray.
Actress Candice Accola plays Caroline on the show. She has naturally thick, wavy hair. To achieve “Caroline’s” look:
- Wash hair with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to thoroughly cleanse, while infusing a vital moisture balance back into the hair.
- Blow dry hair with a medium round brush for fullness.
- Spray entire head with a texturizing spray, like White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold.
- Section off 1-inch partings starting at the nape area. Take these 1-inch sections and using a 1-inch barrel curling iron, curl hair from ends to scalp (like a roller). Remove iron and clip into place until entire head is set. Wait until cooled.
- Remove clips and brush out for a soft, sexy, wavy style. Spray with a finishing spray, like White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray for a flexible hold that repels outside moisture, while providing a long lasting style: a must on set!
Find out how to style your hair like Bonnie (Katerina Graham) from The Vampire Diaries, after the jump.
Actress Katerina Graham plays Bonnie on The Vampire Diaries. Katerina has medium thick and relaxed curly hair. To achieve her look:
- Shampoo and condition hair with hydrating products to infuse moisture.
- Spray on White Sands Porosity the Fix and apply Curl up in Silk Medium Mousse to define texture and remove frizz, drying tresses under a hairdryer.
- Spray entire head with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold.
- Take 1-inch partings, starting at nape. Gather each 1-inch section and hold a 1 ½ inch curling iron vertical and wrap hair around barrel from scalp to ends.
- Let curls drop and separate with a texture cream, for a soft relaxed curl look.
For more information on White Sands Hair Products, go here.