Looking for fabulous hair “do’s” for the upcoming holiday season? LiQWD’s Celebrity Stylist, Lona Vigi, has your holiday hair solutions with three fun and festive styles for the season. Lona (who works regularly with Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Sandra Bullock, Natalie Portman, Claire Danes and many more) recently created the cutting-edge looks using LiQWD’s three star styling products: SLiQWD, Professional Volumizing Catalyst, and Professional Smoothing Catalyst. Read on to discover how to create these holiday looks!
The Classic Chignon (Messy Version): This chic and sultry look is a modern take on the classic, a somewhat disheveled, looser version.
- To give hair just the right amount of movement and keep it from being too close to the head, mix LiQWD SLiQWD and Professional Volumizing Catalyst, and apply to freshly washed and well-towel-dried hair. Comb product through and put a deep side part in hair.
- Blow-dry with a medium round brush for a touch of body.
- Then, brush hair back into a low ponytail and fasten just above the nape of the neck.
- Begin winding the hair around the base of the ponytail, securing it underneath and on top with bobby pins as you go and leaving the ends out. It’s more modern to have pieces out for a look that’s slightly undone.
- For a fun accent, use gold, colored or rhinestone bobby pins!
The Right-Now Ponytail: Sleek and sophisticated yet playful, the pony is always a great party style.
- To smooth but not flatten hair and provide natural hold and shine, mix LiQWD SLiQWD and Professional Smoothing Catalyst and apply to freshly washed and well-towel-dried hair.
- Comb through and part anywhere you like–side, middle, deep or shallow.
- Brush hair back into a smooth ponytail, not too high or low, right at the middle of the head.
- Leave the front pieces soft and sexy. If they’re shorter, let them fall out of the ponytail.
- Secure with a rubber band. Then, take a little section of hair from underneath and wrap it around to cover the rubber band. Secure the end with a bobby pin–maybe, one with a rhinestone for a touch of festive flash.
Find out how to create Reese Witherspoonesque easy-breezy waves, after the jump.
Short and Sweet: This youthful look is fun and flirty, not overdone.
- For subtle hold, natural definition and shine, apply a nickel-sized dollop of LiQWD SLiQWD to freshly washed, well towel-dried hair and comb through.
- Blow out or air dry, tousling occasionally with fingers to create natural wave and movement.
- Allow hair to be a bit messy. Secure just a few pieces in the front, right alongside the face, with a sparkly barrette or clip and go.