Gorgeous high-end dresses mixed with affordable hair styles made a perfect match on the Emmy red carpet last night. Mara Roszak, TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist knows that creating red carpet hairstyles does not have to cost a fortune. Here are her stylist secrets on how she created the the sexy looks for Mila Kunis and Amy Poehler last night’s awards.
Achieve Mila’s simple sexy pony with just a few steps:
- Apply TRESemmé Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Crème to damp hair, part to one side, and blow dry with a medium-sized round brush.
- Curl hair with a 1 1/4 inch barrel curling iron, and spray entire head with TRESemmé Frizz Shield hairspray.
- Pull hair into a low ponytail, and tie with an elastic leaving a small section of hair out on one side to frame the face.
- Wrap a tiny section of hair around the elastic to hide the tie. Brush out curls with fingers and gently back comb for a messier texture. Spray all over with TRESemmé TRES Two Hair spray to keep the look in place all night.
Get Amy Poehler’s chic low chignon for under $15:
- Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse to damp hair, create a deep side part, and blow dry with a round brush.
- Curl hair with a 1 1/4 inch barrel curling iron, and spray with TRESemmé Frizz Shield Finishing Spray.
- Pull hair back, making it tighter on one side exposing the ear, into a mid-height ponytail and wrap to form a bun. Criss cross bobby pins to secure.
- Finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Hair spray to hold the look.